How much money do you spend on your groceries each year? Of course, it depends on how many people you are buying for, but The U.S Department of Labor estimates come in somewhere around $9,000 for a family of four.
Of course the major food corporations keep trying to get you to buy more and more, regardless of whether it’s actually good for you or not.
It can be easy to save money though.
1. Make a shopping list, and stick to it.
2. Be sure to get a store savings card if there is one.
3. Clip coupons.
4. Buy and try generic brands.
5. Check unit prices. Supersize isn’t always the best deal.
6. Don’t shop when hungry, thirsty, or tired.