You CAN eat good healthy food, AND it doesn’t have to cost a fortune either.
- Make a list of what you need before you go out. It’ll stop you buying junk, and keep you within your budget.
- Be sure to read the labels at the store when buying new products or brands that are not familiar to you.
- Avoid anything with High Fructose Corn Syrup in as this is simply a source of empty calories. Watch out for high sugar, and high fat and sodium contents too.
- Go around the perimeter of the store. It always seems to work! Fresh Produce, and diary, and meat and fish seems to be around the edges, with all the junk stuff in the center aisles.
- Do not ever go grocery shopping when you are hungry. Eat first, and you won’t be tempted to fill the cart with stuff you don’t really need, and certainly not candy and cakes and extra cookies.