You CAN eat good healthy food, AND it doesn’t have to cost a fortune either.
- Make a list of what you need before you go out. It’ll stop you buying junk, and keep you within your budget.
- Be sure to read the labels at the store when buying new products or brands that are not familiar to you.
- Avoid anything with High Fructose Corn Syrup in as this is simply a source of empty calories. Watch out for high sugar, and high fat and sodium contents too.
- Go around the perimeter of the store. It always seems to work! Fresh Produce, and diary, and meat and fish seems to be around the edges, with all the junk stuff in the center aisles.
- Do not ever go grocery shopping when you are hungry. Eat first, and you won’t be tempted to fill the cart with stuff you don’t really need, and certainly not candy and cakes and extra cookies.
No not beer. Soda.
15 billion gallons a year are consumed each year in the United States alone. Did you know that drinking just one can of soda a day can add more than a pound of weight every month. That’s mainly because that one can can have the equivalent of over a dozen spoonfuls of sugar (usually High Fructose Corn Syrup).
Ok, so you’ll drink diet soda instead? The jury is still out on that one. All those artificial sweeteners taken over time aren’t necessarily much better than the sugar either.
Even done the experiment of putting a small piece of meat into a glass of soda overnight, and seeing it dissolve? It does the same to your teeth enamel too.
It could also help to bring on kidney stones, and liver damage – thought to be the sodium benzoate in it.
It can lead to caffeine addiction, and it’s not goo for the stomach as it’s quite acidic, and can damage the lining of the stomach.
Oh one last thing, a can a day habit will cost you over $100 a year. So if there are 4 in your house drinking 3 cans a day, that’s over a grand a year, plus the health risks above.
TGFC recommends you make sure you drink your eight recommended 8 ounce glasses of water each day. It won’t do any harm to your health or your wallet!